Monday, August 15, 2011

A Girl and a Horse

Once apon a time, I was a 12 year old girl who loved horses. My parents bought me a pony for my 12th birthday named Brown Suzie. We called her "Brownie." I climbed on Brownie and trotted off into the horizon where I fell off. She stopped and I kept going! I didn't know how to treat horses or how to have a relationship with them that forms a partnership, so I got hurt alot. My head split open, foot stepped on, bruises and scrapes, even bitten in the face. Eventually I feared the very thing I loved most. And sadly, I lost interest, chalking up that time in my life as a "fad." But Jesus knew better!
Fast Foreward 24 years to a girl who was missing something in life. I have Jesus, I have a family, I have a ministry! What more could I want? Something was missing. I had no idea what God had made me for, what I was good at, or the point of life. There was little joy, only survival. I began to search for Jesus' plan for my life. I sought the Kingdom of God, and He gave me the desire of my heart, even when I didn't know it myself! As only God in His brilliance and perfect timing can do, He brought together a girl who was hurt by horses, and a horse who wanted to be loved by a girl. What was intended for evil, God turned into good. Possibly the Enemy knew of my destiny and tried to ruin it. But God's plan can't be ruined for those who love the Lord! This plan is not just for me.... there are sooo many people affected by this partnership, and many in the future, I believe! God does everything big, you know. In the words of Parelli, "Nothing means nothing and everything means something."
Last evening, Remington "joined up" with me. That's horse terminology for Remington chose me to be his partner, leader, and trustee. With no halter or rope, totally at freedom, he followed me everywhere, even into the path of the bully horse. I think she sensed our partnership because she saw me looking at her while she was about to nip him and backed off! "Oh, Remington has a predator partner. She's staring me down. Maybe I'll bite him later." (God is my predator partner!) No one dares bite me while He is staring them down!)
My hope is to live with my horse and have many more horses to share with people. I believe God loves horses and made a special partnership between man and horse. There is healing there, and so much to learn about God. I want to follow God and trust him like Remi trusts and follows me. God can be my lead horse and I'll trust him even in the path of the bully. I believe God would not have given me this gift if he had not intended on fully allowing me to go the distance with it. Someday, you will find me on a horse ranch, no matter how small and humble or big and great. We will be making a difference for God, and we will "join up" with Him, following his every move because we trust Him, and share it with others. My God is so Big, so Strong and so Mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do!














Look at him close his eyes. He loves his girl.

Special Thanks to: My Dad for giving me horses and for boarding them and feeding them and paying for all the unfun stuff: Lisa and Mike Courtney for opening their ranch to me and teaching me about horses with hours of training! You are so patient with me!; My Mom for the genetic horse fever, my Mom#2 for sharing her home with us, and my loving Texas Dad for the awesome riding boots and cowgirl clothes!! You all are such blessings to me and I love you all!
And Thank you Jordan, the boy who started him well.

3 comments:

The Sisco's said...

Great story and pics. Thanks for sharing!

Hayley said...

I love what God is doing in your life and for God bringing you into our Jett's life! We couldn't ask for anyone better to watch him and help him grow then you and your family! We love you!

Rebekah said...

God is so Good! Love this adventure in your life!!!